Monday, September 2, 2013

Buffalo Chips - Part 2

Just a quick update on my F2A Buffalo project.  I finished painting them and brushed on a "dip" of Minwax Polyshades — a mixture of 1 part each black and antique walnut, 2 parts clear, and 4 parts odorless mineral spirits (which actually DOES have a slight but persistent odor).  After they dried for 24 hours, I sprayed them with Testors Dullcote.

Here are some pics of the results (although the photos don't do them justice as far as I'm concerned).  The dip, along with flaws in the twenty year old decals I used, make them look pretty battle-weary.

Until next time, all the best from the Tiger den.